There's not many ways to make a more meaningful Thanksgiving tradition than letting your little helpers help make a part of the Thanksgiving day feast.
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1 package (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1- 1 1/2 cups)
Large mixing bowl
6 Parfait glasses
Rolling pin (*Instead of using a rolling pin, bring in a favorite toy or building block to let the child use to smash the gingersnaps.)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix with a whisk for 2 minutes.
2. In a chilled bowl, whip the cream with a whisk until it forms soft peaks.
3. Stir together the pudding, whipped cream, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon; mix well. Fold in the pecans.
4. Place the gingersnap cookies in a large re-sealable bag and smash using a rolling pin.
5. Spoon half the pudding mixture into parfait glasses; top with half of the gingersnap crumbs. 6. Repeat layers and top with a dollop of whipped topping.