Looking for something a little different for your kiddos to hand out for Valentine's Day? Try these valentines which feature re-usable clay!
3 Cups of white flour
1 1/2 Cups of salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons of cream of tartar
3 1/4 Cups of water
6 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
Red food coloring
Heart-shaped cookie cutter
Small cellophane bags
1. Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium saucepan.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the liquids, adding drops of food coloring until you reach your desired shade.
3. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture holds together and gets too stiff to stir (it will stiffen even more as it cools), about 5 to 10 minutes. Let it cool.
4. Knead the clay briefly, then roll or pat it to a 3/4-inch thickness and cut with the cookie cutter.
5. For each valentine, place a clay heart in a cellophane bag. Cut a tag out of white paper, decorate it with markers, and punch a hole in one end. Thread a length of ribbon through the tag's hole and tie the bag shut with a bow.