Saturday, November 10, 2007

Aquadots Recall

Well, I can scratch another toy off of my son's Christmas list. This time they are recalling Aquadots, a popular craft kit with tiny beads that fuse together when sprayed with water. The very same chemical that causes the beads to stick together can also be toxic when swallowed. Children who have ingested the beads have become comatose. Other possible complications include slowed breathing and seizures.

Anybody else longing for the toys of old?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

This has to be about the saddest recall of all. I agree...what happened to the toys of old? Lite Brite (probably too many small pieces now a days) was my favorite.

emily said...

I think it's about time we all go back to wooden toys!